Tuesday, January 22, 2008

False Alarm

Well this has been quite the weekend for Jason and I. We had 2 trips to the hospital in the last 3 days.

Visit #1 - Saturday, January 19
I started having contractions around noon. My kids were scheduled to perform for the Coe College 2:00 Women's basketball game. So, I held on...just kind of "pushed through" the pain that I was feeling and met up with my kids at 1:45. It was clear to many that something wasn't right with "Ms. Jenny". I called Jason and told him that immediately after the performance we were going to the hospital. We got to the hospital at about 3:00 p.m. We waited for a nurse for about 45 minutes...I was getting very agitated by this time. Finally I was hooked up to the heartbeat monitors and Zach sounded to be in really good shape. So that was relieving. They monitored my contractions and told me that I was dilated to a one. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions. This worked for about 20 minutes and the contractions came back. This is when they decided I would be spending the night for observation. My water didn't break and I stayed at a 1. So Sunday morning they sent me home. My contractions had subsided.

Visit #2 - Monday, January 20
I had a rough day feeling like I had been having contractions but nothing as severe as what I felt on Saturday and they didn't seem to be very often. I just overall was feeling uncomfortable. I went to teach dance and during my last class I felt a "leakage" (sorry TMI). I really didn't think much of it until I got home and read the discharge directions I received from the nurse Sunday morning when I left the hospital. I called the Birthplace at Mercy and they told me I needed to come in and make sure that I hadn't ruptured. SO...Jason and I went back to the hospital. I was once again hooked up to the heartbeat monitors and again Zach sounded good and in no stress. They monitored my contractions, they were small and not all that close together. I was tested to make sure that I hadn't leaked any amniotic fluid. This came back negative so...we were sent home!

My hope is on Visit #3 we get to bring home a BABY!

No comments:

May 2009